M. Mogger’s Restaurant & Pub, located in the E. Bleemel Building, built in 1837, occupies the block between 9th and 9½ Streets on Poplar. It houses a rich part of the history of early beer brewing in the Wabash Valley. Matthias Mogger, the restaurant’s namesake, was a German immigrant and one of the pioneers of early brewing. His brewery, M. Mogger’s, was housed in the building from 1848-1868.
Opened in 1996, by Gary & Diane Richards, the owners of Richards Farm Restaurant in Casey, IL and Stables Steakhouse in Terre Haute; Mogger’s Restaurant & Pub is a tribute to the rich brewing tradition that once thrived here.
Mogger’s features a fun-filled turn of the century atmosphere, decked out with antique brewing equipment and paraphernalia. The menu features burgers & sandwiches, pizzas, salads, steaks, seafood and chicken. Mogger’s has a full bar with daily drink specials and over 100 different beers to choose from.
Mogger’s also offers two banquet areas with seating for up to 80 guests each and a patio for outdoor dining.